Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My Lux Wedding Details!

Hello all! I wanted to introduce myself and style to you so what better way then to relive my wedding :) I just got married this past summer at the Montage Laguna Beach. I miss wedding planning so much that I got scolded by my new husband for buying a wedding magazine from Barnes & Noble this past week. Who ever said you can't read them for fun :) Back to wedding details...they are extremely important in defining your personality and making your wedding unique and memorable. The thing most people remember from your special day are "her wedding shoes were gorgeous", "loved her creative guestbook", or "those appetizers were amazing." Join me as I uncover some lux details (and secrets to finding them) that defined my wedding:


My simple bouquet of ivory peonies! Romantic, soft, & modern.



Ms. Bradshaw flaunted these luxurious blue Manolo's for her wedding. I got them as my "something blue". For a day as special as this, splurge!


Intricate beading details of my Monique Lhuillier Lyric gown



Custom made wedding fascinator to wear after the ceremony veil. The milliner placed fabric covered beads to mimic the beading of my gown. It's so lux chic!



Floral centerpieces of soft ivory, white, pink with hints of yellow and green in a clear glass vase filled with ivory colored coral and shells. A simple display is more affordable, but looks so lux!


A classic and modern take for my wedding invitation, titled with both our last name initials "RM The Wedding." Found this letterpress invitation design at a pricey designer stationary boutiques....great quality, but expensive. Luckily, I found a printing company that replicated it exactly, even with letterpress (a costly procedure), and I only paid a 1/3 off the original designer price.


Ok, I have several "something blue" lux details. The 2nd one is a pair of blue sapphires studs. I love this picture because it shows the detail of my peachy pink minaudiere by Kotur! It's quality, made of stingray and has 2 oval closures made of gold swarovski crystals. My sister carried this down the aisle! I found this beauty at a designer outlet on clearance and additional 40% off. Designer price $1,200....final outlet price $100. Lux all the way!


Ivory coral and shells lined the bottom of our floral centerpieces to incorporate my coastal wedding. Didn't want typical "beachy" wedding decor, but still wanted to acknowledge our coastal surroundings. So using a minimal amount of natural ivory and white shells made it visible but not "look-at-me" noticeable, if you know what I mean. Coastal lux!
My 3rd "something blue" lux detail. A scrumptious slate blue ruffle buttercream 3 tier wedding cake. Lux flavors include nutella hazelnut, candybar, and coconut!



Tuna tartare hors d'oeuvres! So luxurious, but to keep it affordable we selected to have tuna in for cocktails rather than the more expensive dinner menu salad option. See, you can have lux food if you think smart :)


View of the craftsman style architecture of the Montage Resort.
Lux Tom Ford ivory shawl collar tuxedo complimented with black trimmings.
Gucci aligator skin loafers. Bought on clearance at department store end of season sale. Handsome lux!



Ivory ruffle flowergirl dress (crewcuts $ 190) w/ivory glitter maryjanes (target $12.99). DIY: Ivory organza ribbon ruffle flower girl basket. Cost: $1.99 basket, $1.99 ribbon.
 Adorable Lux!


A lux picturesque coastal shot the morning of our wedding. So much natural beauty around us meant we didn't need too many wedding decorations (= saving money).  Pick ceremony and reception venues that already look beautiful. By working with the colors and architecture of your venue your wedding colors/decor will not clash. Not only will everythingcompliment each other, but you will save tons of money! The organic nature shot of a succulent craddling our wedding bands. Beautiful Lux!

 DIY: Postcards as guestbook ($50). Photo carousel (Pottery Barn $99). Guests wrote congratulatory messages along with their home address on the back of these postcards which were pre-addressed to our new home. These postcards are periodically mailed to us throughout the our first year as newlyweds.
Lux Wines from the cocktail hour. Love the unique look of the bottles and tags.
 Simple aisle flower pieces on clear acrylic columns. Lux Florals!
Lux food! Spanish shrimp salad. Opt for shrimp over lobster for an affordable taste of the sea.



More lux style wedding details to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment